This are the concluding remarks of a loving father's letter to his dearest daughter. It was a very good read for me, and i believer others would like it too.
here are some notable points...
1. Refrain from spending time unwisely. Instead use your mind for deep thought and contemplation on life and the real issues that affect you as a Muslim.
“Allah says: Son of Adam: Fill your time with My worship and I will fill your heart with richness, and end your poverty. But if you do not, I would make your hands completely busy (in worldly affairs) and I would not end your poverty.“ (At-Tirmidhi; confirmed to be a strong hadith)
"Our purpose of existence on earth is more meaningful than being slaves to worldly gains. There can be no meaningful life better than that prescribed by our Creator Allah. Every act done according to Allah’s way is an act of worship."
(Sheikh Ibn Al-Qayyim)
2. Learn more about your deen, about Allah‘s creation, and about the world outside the very small circle that you live in. Focus on and give deep thought to relarticles on this topics. Try to know about application of islam in our day to day life.
3. After the Islamic sciences, no other knowledge is more critical to the development of your mind than subjects such as science, geography, history, and world politics.
4. Always remember that extremism in deen is not the way of Allah‘s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him). The believer who takes Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as an example for living life takes the middle path.
5. As you study and learn new things, you must also beware of arrogance. Knowledge gained should bring us closer to Allah Most High, for all knowledge has its beginning with Him. Any knowledge that takes you away from the remembrance of Allah Most High is useless knowledge.
6. If you truly understood the motivation of those who promote and distribute the songs that your generation listens to, the television and movies that they watch, the clothes that they wear, the fads and trends that they follow, and the games that they play, you would easily be able to discern that the motivation is not just to make lots of money. The intentions of these corporations and the people who run them are far more sinister.
They distract us with amusements, games, pastimes, passions, people’s palaces, which is in reality nothing but a false illusion, a disillusionment. All these serves the purpose of distracting the minds from questions ... growing more and more unaccustomed to reflection and forming any opinions of the own.
Dont be disillusioned by this false mirage and empty distractions. Fear Allah alone and He will make things right for you in the long run.
[And whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah, He will make for him an outlet, and give him sustenance from whence he thinks not; and whoever trusts in Allah, He is sufficient for him; surely Allah attains His purpose; Allah indeed has appointed a measure for everything] (At-Talaq 65:2-3)
"As I conclude, I again caution you against wasting so much of your time. You should get as much benefit from me as you can now because I may not be with you much longer. No, I am not feeling ill, but it’s that kind of time that we live in today.